Just ran the Dead Pixel test on my *istD today,following Rob's method, and got zero dead pixels,with 26 hot ones.

Data read out is:
[DeadPixelText]
Version=1.0
Description=Pentax *ist D 11/12/2004
FileType=TIFF
NumBadPixels=26
0=Hot,1921,12,62
1=Hot,2259,142,103
2=Hot,1392,256,120
3=Hot,1391,257,117
4=Hot,1392,257,208
5=Hot,1392,258,121
6=Hot,1865,896,76
7=Hot,1082,970,117
8=Hot,1081,971,117
9=Hot,1082,971,208
10=Hot,1083,971,117
11=Hot,1082,972,117
12=Hot,1998,1090,92
13=Hot,2007,1406,76
14=Hot,772,1483,63
15=Hot,773,1483,90
16=Hot,774,1483,63
17=Hot,399,1529,101
18=Hot,398,1530,100
19=Hot,399,1530,183
20=Hot,400,1530,101
21=Hot,399,1531,101
22=Hot,1032,1625,66
23=Hot,1032,1626,111
24=Hot,1032,1627,66
25=Hot,2135,1962,76

Is this of concern? I'm not noticing any problem with the actual images on screen or in print

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Studdert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>