Hi,

> Tell me more, please.

I don't really think there is much more.

If I'm going away for a few weeks I print a whole lot of individually
numbered labels and stick them on the film cans.

Whenever I load a new roll of film into the camera I write the film number
on a new page of my notebook. It's not necessary to shoot film in
number sequence.

As I take pictures I write relevant details into my notebook, such as
where I am, people's names and addresses and so on. If I push a roll
of film I write the new speed into the book; if I do a mid-roll change
(very rare) I write the next frame # on the page.

If necessary at the end of the day I may write up some more details
into a larger notebook/journal.

Depending on the film type I will get the lab to stick to the film
numbering. Kodachrome can't do this unfortunately. Nevertheless, I
have so far always been able to relate the processed film back to the
correct notes. If I thought I might not be able to then I'd photograph
the page with the film number on it after loading the film.

If I ever get round to captioning it should be relatively easy because
I still have the notes and film numbers. If I ever try to file things
properly I should also have a simple way of cataloguing the slides and
negs.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"In my vocabulary 'art' is a dirty word" - Helmut Newton