> Only 2 things to say about this zoom IMO:
> * The focus ring has a soft touch, too easy to turn, a bit like AF ones
> (but still way more confortable)
> * It has a very nice macro feature at 70mm :) Very handy on a little
> zoom like this one.

I'd say that the build of the A 35-70/4 is adequate, although quite
"plasticky" (compared to most of the larger A zooms (which are
usually both quite solid and quite heavy).  It's not that the build
is "sloppy" - it's just that it's so lightweight - the focus feel is
much as Thibouille has described it.

And, the lens does make up for its less-than-heavyweight build with
its optics - except for some barrel distortion (and only at its wide
end), I've found it to be a pretty darned good little zoom (with a
surprisingly very useful "macro" function (at its longest end, which
is ~really~ nice) - much better than several other so-called
"macro-zoom" lenses.

And, I try to tell myself when using it that its light weight makes
it ideal for walking around with (compared to, say, the A 28-135/4).
Mounted on a Super A without a winder, it's my "standard "garden
tour" lens, where its limited range (35mm-70mm) is not a problem,
and where its good macro ability and light weight are both put to
good advantage.

For a few images (strictly brick wall stuff) of its good and bad
features, see (in the Pentax Lens Gallery)
http://www.plg.komkon.org/a35-70_4/a35-70_4.html .

Fred