On 16 Dec 2004 at 19:51, Markus Maurer wrote:

> I got a nearly new Pentax A50mm 2.8 macro lens from an internet auction and
> this
> PESO is one of the first shots I made with it.

Hi Markus,

It's a good shot but it does have a bit of strange cast, it's tending to
magenta, adding green seems to bring it back to where I expect it should be. I
don't have any feathers these days for reference but we did have two Peacocks
at home for many years. Sometimes it's advantageous to use soft light to shoot
these types of reflective feathers as it's a little difficult to predict the
results from flash, angle and position can change the reflections quite
surprisingly.

> I used the Pentax 280T flash manually set at "low", Agfa ISO 200 film and a
> mini
> tripod... Will soon post some more photos with that lovely lens of clay
> figures.
>
> I use it as a walkaround lens for people shots too..., very nice indeed :-)

It's a great lens, well under-rated I think, you will have lots more fun with
it I'm sure. :-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998