Perhaps a film module too!

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Toralf Lund"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 15/12/04 23:41:46

    Of course. I'm thinking more in terms of making certain parts of the
    body replaceable - typically the sensor itself and the A/Ds. So you
    wouldn't have B&W, night time and high speed camera bodies, but one body
    with interchangable B&W, night time and high speed modules (that would
    fit in your pocket.) If done the right way, switching between those
    would be at least as convenient as the camera control fiddling that you
    otherwise have to do. (Although having to bring separate units if of
    course a bit of an inconvenience in its own right.)

    And while we are dreaming, how about a storage medium where you can -
    like with film - tell what the contents are merely by looking at it, and
    also produce images by direct projection? Possibly in combination with
    the sensor. This might be a bit like the "electronic paper" some people
    are working on, only in a sense the other way around (you would
    obviously want to read the data back, too - but perhaps they're alrady
    planning that for electronic paper?)