On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:10:24 +0100, Jens Bladt wrote:

> The focal length and aperture is not recorded. Cameras like Super A (1983)
> PZ-1 and MZ-S (2001) etc. all work the same way - that is, the aperture is
> not "recorded" by the camera (allthough it is by the meter), thus not stated
> in the viewfinder or otherwise. It IS a PITA.

IIRC, that's not actually true for the MZ-S.  It will record the actual
aperture in Av or P mode on the edge of the film frame.  It is shown in
the viewfinder, too, after a fashion.  In the viewfinder the nearest
"standard" f-stop is shown in the viewfinder.  So, if the actual
aperture is f/3.0, it might show f/2.8 in the viewfinder, but it does
seem to record f/3.0 on the edge of the film.  I'll have to dig out
some frames from my MZ-S and confirm that, though.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ