Norman Baugher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't think Isaac, that it's necessarily the "dumbing down" of
photographers
that everyone is bemoaning, it's more the dumbing down of people in
general.

---------------

The dashboards of some Audis, Fords, and other car makes no longer include
an analog oil-pressure gage. Drivers of these cars, we are told, seldom
look at the gauge. In place of the gage is an "idiot light" that,
basically, tells you that you should have added oil a month ago.

Yet these same cars feature a fuel gage AND a "low fuee" warning light that
blinks as your fuel becomes dangerously low. Why can't the oil gage do the
same?

PS: I don't wish to touch off a dialog with any of our UK or "down under"
members about how to spell analog, dialog, or gage (though I spelled them
the American way just to spite you). :)