Fra: William Robb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 19. december 2004 05:20
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: Home made power supply for flashes etc.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Ewins"
Subject: RE: Home made power supply for flashes etc.

> Thanks Jens, I've been wondering how to do that exact thing. There
> is a Metz
> AC adapter (N22/N23) that I believe plugs into the side rather than
> replaces
> the battery pack and I have been trying to find which pins it uses
> for what
> and the appropriate voltage and current. The unit itself is
> something like
> AUD$400 - $500 from memory so I don't want to buy a new one just to
> experiment.
> I do have a battery pack replacement for use with a Quantum battery
> so it
> couldn't be too hard to rig up something like your system. Do you
> have a
> circuit diagram that explains it all?

Also consider the Metz 60 series and the Mecatwin (power equivalent
to the 45 series head.) wired slave flash units.
They aren't TTL, but they are automatic, even when using two or more
heads.

I think you can hook a half dozen heads up to a Metz 60 power pack,
but it takes forever to recharge.

William Robb