Billy

> IrFanView has only the one setting (that I've found so far) for
> sharpening and I was also thinking it was a bit too much, but it's
> better than without the sharpen. WHEN I get ps/psp everything will
> be
> better...well, less polar in sharpening at least :)

In the meantime you might like to give Serif's Photo Plus a try.
There's a free version which is not as powerful as PS or PSP but it
allows you to do lots of things that Irfanview can't.  (eg layers,
various levels of sharpening etc).  You have to register it with
Serif but registration is free and they don't inundate you with
emails urging you to buy the full product.

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

Great photo, by the way.

Cheers

Brian