Quite.  I've got inkjet prints made on the first generation of home
photo printers (mostly on my PhotoSmart, but a couple of comparison
prints made on the Epson printer of the same vintage).  While I don't
go as far as to stick them in a UV chamber, or leave them outside
exposed to the California sun, some of them have been hanging on my
wall for the last seven years or so, and seem no more faded than
the optical photographic prints hanging alongside them.
The durability certainly seems good enough to me.  And, of course,
if they do eventully fade it's fairly easy for me to replace them.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mused: