[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Luigi de Guzman mused:

Here, here.

What about there? (Perhaps you meant "hear, hear" ?)

The Pentax *ist D and DS are, so far as I can see, camera shop only items. Canon's got them way beat, with 300Ds everywhere, especially at computer & electronics stores.

I guess you missed the post where I mentioned they were at Frys Electronics. Best Buy also seem to have the *ist-D (though not the DS, at present).

Not as many places as Canon, certainly.  But Pentax do seem to be trying
to get their DSLRs onto the shelves - a distinct improvement.

No Frys in my area and no *ist-D or Ds in the local best buy, though they did have the Canon D20, D10 and Nikon D70
when I stopped in earlier this evening.

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke