On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:17:12 +0000, Steve Jolly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Billy Abbott wrote:
> > that was the cheapest i found and Jessops price matched it for me.
> > although after buying a memory card and some gubbins it was back up to
> > £799 again
>
> What's the kit lens like?

Seems okay so far. Manual focus is a bit loose but you can use it
without having to flick any switches. It does do a bit of distortion
at the wider end:

http://cowfish.org.uk/gallery/istds/IMGP0045

but not being a great user of wide lenses I'm not sure how much more
that is than normal if at all. A chunk of that gallery is taken with
it - although the EXIF info seems to have been screwed up by my still
being worked out digital workflow...

billy

--
Billy Abbott