Those definitions of imperial measure haven't been used in about 500 years. The founders more or less
Americanized them anyway. They are way ahead of the metric system anyway, haven't you noticed that
they're binary. (Whereas the meter is actually based on an old French yard, which was then justified by a
manufactured relationship to the circumference of the Earth. They got that wrong as well and fudged the
results).