> From: Luigi de Guzman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Tuesday 21 December 2004 18:48, mike wilson wrote:
> > Luigi de Guzman wrote:
> > > I got mine with the DA 18-55 lenskit for US$999.  By the time taxes had
> > > happened, it was $1,066.
> >
> > That makes it just under £600.  I like this $2 to the £ game.  Can you
> > play it any better?
> >
> > mike
>
> When I was in England ('98-'01 and '02-'03), it seemed that for most items,
> I'd just have to replace the dollar sign for the sterling sign to get the UK
> price--a real bummer for an overseas student!
>
> I'd be quite shocked if the *istDS were retailing in the UK for under 800
> quid.

Sit down, take a tight grip of the chair arms.  Retail price, _with 18-55
(Pentax, not Sigma)_ £799.  No doubt at all that you would get maybe £50 off
that without much effort.  However....  ordering from the USA would be about
£300 cheaper at present exchange rates and probably more after Christmas.
Assuming no import duty or other taxes were added.

I am _almost_ tempted.  But not much.

mike