What kind of lenses are these?  If they are A series or newer I would
suggest putting the lens into A and see if the results are the same, since
when the lens is in A that lever is not used (the MZ-50 and MZ-30 are good
examples of this).  If the difference is still there then it's something to
do with the lenses transmitting different amounts of light due to coatings,
number of elements, etc.  If it's gone then it probably is the lever.

I don't have any experience taking apart A series or newer lenses, but I
have taken apart M and K series.  Basically unscrew the screws on the mount
on the back of the lens, some lenses have them on the part that sticks into
the camera too.  Once those are off you can take off the mount.  Then you
can remove the aperture ring (be sure not to lose the little ball bearing
that makes the aperture click!)  From there you can see where this lever is
linked directly to the aperture ring.  That's as far as I have taken any
lens apart, because what I was fixing as a binding/stubborn aperture ring
by removing all the original, dried up grease and put a simular lubricant
on and put it back together.

A series lenses are much nastier I hear.  First, you have to deal with the
A contacts, and secondly you have to deal with the springs and buttons that
go with the A button, and that can be almost impossible to get back
together (or so I hear).

Todd