On 23/12/04, wendy beard, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I did something I swore I'd never do myself and had
>scorned others as talentless and without skill for
>doing so. I put the camera into continuous drive and
>AF servo mode and went machine gunning. I almost feel
>embarrassed to own up to it :-S

But Wendy, I only ever shoot in that mode - yet I have had my latest
digital incarnation since October and shot  only 1629 images. AI Servo
and continuous drive mode are similar to a film camera for me. I tried
shooting in single shot mode once only, and instantly hated it. The
camera makes you *wait* until a shot's in focus? No way.

I have AF set up thus: a half press on the shutter button starts AE
(usually aperture priority), and if I want AF, then I use my thumb on a
button on the back. Usually I focus manually.

Just because it's this newfangled digital, doesn't mean I have to change
my shooting habits! To me it's just a big bulky MX.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__