On Dec 23, 2004, at 7:03 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sheesh, gotta take it back. Reading the thread, yeah, I used a "brownie" that
my parents had for my first photography class in college. And I am pretty
sure it had no built-in meter.

Do those Kodak 126 cameras count? You know, the ones that shot at something like1/60 of a second, with f11, and fixed focus? Those don't have meters (don't need them) nor electronics. Simple, mechanical cock the shutter while advancing the film sort of things... I used them a bunch while a kid. That's what got me into my first "real" camera.
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland