Hi Don.
There is something that is not on my other two digital slr's sticking out about
1/3 of the
way down
the slide arm on the side were the eject button is.I can see the two alignment
"springs"
that are on
both sides and are on my other cameras,but there is a tiny metal bit,looks like
its part
of the
button and plunger possibly.Looks like it juts out a mm or less from the sliders
The card will go in as far as this point and that one side of the card stops
and the other
side can
continue for a few mm's then stop.

FTR i am putting in the card the correct way.:-)

After looking at it again,it almost feels like the eject button has some how
become stuck
in the out
position.
I am calling the store today,to see when they are accepting returns.(Not all
stores will
do a return
on Boxing Day),and see what the optins are. Hopefully another store has one to
send over.

Apart from it being a ~bit~smaller than i had hoped,the CF card snag and the AA
alkiline
problem,i
like the camera. Works very well with the 28-105 f 4-5.6

Dave

                                        > Hey Dave, where in the compartmment
is this 'clip' that is in the way?