On Dec 31, 2004, at 9:10 PM, frank theriault wrote:

Or, something like that.  I can't figure it out...

Here is what their web site says. :-) And yes, it's still confusing to me.

"For Trial/Guest Members (that is, non-subscribers), photo.net provides an allowance for Gallery photos, mainly so that you can participate in the Photo Critique Forum. Your basic quota is 5 images, plus an "extra" allowance of images based on your participation and how popular your images are. The computation of the number of extra images will be done periodically by photo.net and may fluctuate, up or down, without notice. If you are relying on this "extra" allowance to keep images in your portfolio, you should check from time to time whether your quota has changed in order to avoid being over-quota. We don't disclose the method we use for determining the "extra" allowance; but your quota will be at least your "basic" quota of 5, PLUS the number of photos that you have submitted to the Photo Critique Forum for critique or rating. So, in effect, photos that you submit to the Photo Critique forum will not count against your quota."

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland