----- Original Message ----- From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: Film is Dying, Chapter 3

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Sinos"

snip.....

The Wal-Mart where I work is online and has been for about 2 months now. We give every customer who uses our in-store kiosk a CD with the software for uploading digital photos. So far we're not getting much response, maybe 1 or 2 orders a week. Many of those we do receive are from files that have been either compressed significantly, or shot at low res and have a lot of artifacts. We get 24 cents a print for up to 50 4x6's, and 20 cents a print for 50 or more.

FWIW, during the month of December, we sold 74 digital cameras and 8 film P&S.

Bill