My A2X-S is very sharp with either my 400/5.6 K or my 200/4 M. I have an
18x12 print of a race car that I shot with the 400/2XS combo that really
leaves nothing to be desired in terms of sharpness. I don't think the L
converters will fit the 300/4.5, but I could be wrong. Generally, the L
converters fit only the really big glass, but there are some exceptions.
Paul