On Jan 5, 2005, at 7:00 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

I've found a couple of pages that should provide a basic indication of your
monitors state of calibration.

Thanks for the links...

I must pull out the Spyder and recalibrate my screens. I've been intending to do this for a while now.

The biggest problem I have at the moment is that my new office is quite a strong reddish colour, courtesy of the previous owner of my house. I've collected a few paint swatches of near-neutral colours. Repainting this room is going to be a pain...

...and the next page should give you an idea of the linearity and gamma point
of your monitor (PCs should be g2.2 and Macs g1.8 by default)

FWIW I made both 2.2 and 1.8 profiles when I first calibrated my screens. When I swapped between them I found that Photoshop CS would automatically adjust to compensate. So for my purposes the gamma I set only affects what my desktop looks like. I ended up choosing 2.2 because 1.8 was too bright for my comfort in a dimly-lit room.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/