Hey, he's got an MX - he knows about old stuff.   I've got an MX
that I've owned since before he was born.  Apart from that, and
the *ist-D, there isn't much of an overlap in our gear, though.

John - I'm another of the NorCal crowd; I live in San Jose.
I'll bring my MZ-S along when we next have a get-together, and
you can see how one feels in the hand.  I've got a PZ-1p, too,
which has very much the same operational feel as a *ist-D.

I've probably got one or two of those lenses you dream of, as well.
Here's my favourite toy:

  <http://www.panix.com/~johnf/gallery/images/sdwap615.jpg>

That behemoth usually comes along to the get-togethers.