With the economy improving a bit, and the digital SLR craze easing the prices on photographic stuff on ebay have been going up the past few months. However I noticed a doubling of selling prices from October to Xmas. I expect prices to drop again soon unless folks can't tell the difference between holiday buying frenzy and true value.

To give you an idea, I know a person who bid against her husband on an item so she could give it to him as a xmas present... (and no she normally is not stupid).

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Mishka wrote:
that's still better than no such privilege at all. whch seems to be the
case with almost all ebay listings. and there are *very few* people who
would agree to refund the whole payment (bid + s/h).

otoh, if an item is clearly misrepresented (mis-advertised), you can
(in a long and painful process) get most of your money back from ebay,
without seller's cooperation at all. i know, i did once, a few year ago.

but, imo, the price is (way) too high, no matter what. perhaps the
buyer just wanted the lens that much :)

best,
mishka