In a message dated 1/8/2005 10:31:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I think the batting average, over time, is probably a better
indicator, but for a new seller, one bad buyer can sink him.
Imagine if you luck out and sell to an asshole on your second or
third transaction. All of a sudden you have 30 or 50 percent negative
feedback.

And what do you do with the seller who is slow to ship, so you
mention that in the feedback and the moron responds with a negative
feedback of his own, even if you paid promptly (as has happenned to
me)?

William Robb
=========
I look at the total number of feedbacks vs the number of negative feedbacks.
Then, if worried, I'll read what the negatives are. I bought from one place
once that had a bit higher number of negatives than I like. But I read the
feedbacks, and it seemed the products were fine/good, just that sometimes they
did
not respond that quickly with emails or to emails.

So it took about 4-6 days before they responded that they were sending it,
but the camera and lens were fine when I got them. I just assumed they were
slightly uncoordinated in checking their emails. (It was actually a store that
sold used camera equipment and they probably had a doofus handling the computer
in the back room.)

There are negatives and there are negatives. Not all negatives are equal.

Marnie aka Doe