I believed in that method on a transaction once. Seller had lots of feed back only a handful of
negative, most from newbies, most no longer registered. So I bid, the
item was misidentified,
I was promised a refund, I sent back the item and never got the refund.
(The seller started
collecting bad feed back immediately after that and was booted from
e-bay). You really are
taking this stuff on faith.