Graywolf wrote:

AFAIK Pentax is still servicing LXen. After all it was only discontinued in 2000 (although they were almost impossible to get outside Japan). Since they were made for almost 20 years official repairs should be available for at least a few years yet. It is not lack of parts it is lack of interest at most repair shops that prevent repairs. They are only willing to change modules, not actually get into the camera and fix it. And most people are not willing to pay the price to have it done right anyway. Any mechanical mechanism can be repaired, an expert can machine parts for it.

The only question is, is it worth the cost to you. Remember most things are made somewhere where labor is 2-bits an hour while you have to pay US or European wages to have them repaired. SK Grimes, or Photography on Bald Mountain will repair about any mechanical camera; if you are willing to pay the price needed to do it.

Hah, I haven't asked YOU yet... do you know an expert Retina repair person?
The only one I knew passed on a year or so ago, and I need my almost brand-new Retina Reflex III repaired...

A simple repair, but no-one will touch it!

keith whaley

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com

[...]