From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 January 2005 15:23
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: RE: *istD EOL...

Quoting Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Alan wrote:
>

> There never was much wrong with Pentax AF anyway.

(I'm not quite sure whose comment that was)

I never found anything wrong with Pentax AF on the much-maligned PZ-1 and I
thought the ZX-5n wasn't too bad either, though not good in really low light.
However, it seems to me that autofocus on the *ist D is worse than either of
those. I use manual focus most of the time with the *ist D because I've lost
a lot of shots while the camera hunted, and lost some more that turned out,
upon inspection, to be out of focus. And as I've said before, the
autoexposure with the *ist D doesn't work as well as ANY other Pentax camera
with AE that I've used: that would be two ME Supers, P30t, Super Program,
Program Plus, LX, PZ-1, ZX-5n, WR-90 and Optio 550.
That said, I am learning to get better exposures out of the *istD, and as
someone else has said, its viewfinder works fine for manual focus.

ERNR