On Tuesday 11 January 2005 18:18, Nick Clark wrote:
> My local dedicated Camera shop says the *istDs isn't selling. They have it
> and the 300d and D70 (and the Minolta which is humungous) on display
> alongside each other. Even though the Pentax is smaller, they say the
> reasons people don't go for it are partly the SD card but mostly the
> difference in price. The 300d is something like GBP200 cheaper.

GBP 200?  come off it.  Really?

Where I am, the 300D and the DS sell for USD 1000 each.  They're more or less
equal in price; the Canon is more generally-available however.  They're sold
everywhere:  computer stores, camera stores, wherever.

are you quite sure you were comparing the *istDS and the EOS 300D, and haven't
instead compared the price between the *istD and the EOS 300D?

The *istD was price-competitive with the Canon EOS 10D;  the DS and the 300D
are likewise in the same price bracket.

-Luigi