Yes, that's all well and good. And two years ago, I would have made the same
arguments. But today I can't find ANYONE who's livelihood depends on
photography who's not shooting digital. I'm sure there are some out there. But
of the hundreds of portfolios I've reviewed this year, I haven't seen one. You
can expound endlessly on the art of Adams and Weston and the beauty of large
format silver prints. But when you talk about what's the most reliable path to
good work for the average photographer, it isn't film. If you haven't seen
great BW digital prints, you really haven't been getting out to the galleries.
The evidence is on the wall.