JCO wrote:

I use intermittent agitation for fix with BW and Bleach-fix
with C41. I NEVER use intermittent agitation with any developer ( BW or
C41 )
process, constant agitation seems to be most consistent for this
critical step.

As both B&W fix and C-41 bleach fix and stabilizer are process to completion (within reason of course) why are you using intermittent instead of continuous agitation?

I'm viewing this thread with interest as I have room in the basement for a darkroom. But since I prefer MF and LF B&W to 35mm I'm tempted to find a used Epson 1280 or 90 and convert it to a strictly B&W machine. It would be cheaper then buying a MF or LF camera and I enjoy working in Photoshop.

Butch