In a message dated 5/15/2001 4:01:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hi!

I'm about to buy my first camera and I'm having a bit of trouble
deciding between these two cameras.. The price of them is about the
same, the SuperA's exterior being in a much better condition. I'd love
to hear some comment's from you people. Also  I'd like ot hear if you
think there is some other body in this price range I should check out.

Also I'd like to know if there's a lot of difference between the
image/mechanical quality of SMC-M 50/1.7 and SMC-M 55/1.8..

Hi Johannes!

I do not have any experience with the Super A, but I own two KX's. I can tell
you that the KX is as good as any of the cameras I have ever owned, including
Nikons. The fact that I sold all of my Nikons and Canons and kept my Pentaxes
should say something.

I have a black body KX (that is still in minty condition) that is a real work
horse and has never let me down in over 20 years of use. The only drawback
(if you want to call it that) is that it is a fully manual camera and will
not accept a motor drive or winder (unless the KX you have found is a DMD
model). You can find KX's various places, usually in very good condition. I
think this would be an excellent camera for you.

As for the lenses, I own one of each and both are fine lenses. I prefer the
55/1.8 and carry it everywhere I go.  The only real difference between this
lenses is that with the 55, what you see in the viewfinder is what shows up
on film. Not so with the 50mm. If the 55mm is in good shape, go for it!

Hope some of this helps.

John Stephenson
St. Louis, Missouri