I like the Super Program and the KX for _very_ different reasons.
I'd hate to give up either.

I'm inclined to agree witht he folks saying that you'll probably
learn more with the KX, except that I'll note that if you really
do plan to concentrate on learning the mechanics, you _can_ do
that with the Super Program if you're disciplined enough to use
manual mode.

When I'm going to be working in manual mode anyhow, I do prefer
the KX.  I find it significantly easier to use than the Super
Program in manual mode.  When I want to make use of the convenience
of one of the auto modes, well since the Super Program has those
and the KX doesn't, my choice is pretty clear there, too.  :-)

*For*me*, the Super Program would be too small to fit comfortably
in my hands, were it not for the grip attachment.  That grip makes
all the difference.  The KX is just large enough to feel right in
my hands as is.  If your hands are the size of mine, you want to
make sure your Super Program has the grip (or the winder that
I've still not gotten my hands on), or you want the KX despite
its lack of automation.  If your hands are smaller than mine, the
KX might not be as comfortable to hold as the Super Program.

I say that after everything anyone here says, you probably need
to find a way to get your hands on one of each and hold them
before deciding which to buy.  If they were more similar, perhaps
it'd be easier to offer advice, but these are very different in
how they feel to hold and use.

                                        -- Glenn