Fra: Joseph Tainter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 19. januar 2005 16:24
Til: pdml
Emne: Re: flash for *ist D

Michael, TTL flashes do not seem to work consistently well with digital
SLRs. Some people get good results some of the time, at some ISO
settings but not others, with some exposure compensation, etc. The
reason is that TTL measures light off the film plane. Of course, a dslr
does not have a film plane, so light has to be measured off the sensor.
The sensor does not have the same reflectivity as film, so exposures are
often inaccurate.

P-TTL fires two flashes. The first measures the light bouncing off the
shutter to determine the exposure. The second flash illuminates the
subject for the photograph. The AF 360 and the Sigma models with P-TTL
are both good. The Sigma is more powerful and the head swivels. The
Pentax covers a wider angle (24 mm. film/16 mm. dslr) without having to
add a diffuser.

As for the exposure problems that you noted in another post, try
center-weighted metering rather than program metering and see if the
results are better.

Joe