>> You're right, Paul, this is getting more than a bit OT, but that never
>> stopped me before!  <g>
>>
>> I'm far from an expert in coffee (or anything for that matter <g>),
>> but I'll tell you (and everyone else) something.  If you want good
>> coffee, buy green beans and roast them yourself.  It's quite easy,
>> doesn't take all that long, and one learns a bit about the whole
>> coffee roasting thing.  I can't tell beans from one country or region
>> to another.  But, there's nothing as good as coffee from fresh (as in
>> 5 minutes ago) roasted beans, freshly ground, brewed properly in a
>> French Press coffeemaker.

I would add one shamelessly political plug ;-), but hopefully not
offending to anybody. If you also want good coffee, buy "fair trade"
coffee.  Not only, with current coffee market depression, it will be
inherently better quality than the stuff Tchibo and others buy from
Vietnam, but it's also a bit responsible on the planet and people. And
for any coffee lover (like I am, brewing coffee in Dzjazwa most of the
time, these coffees are very good. If you can't roast well yourself,
get roasted beans and make the powder yourself. Already powdered
coffee doesn't last well. Also, because of the current situation on
the market (lowest coffee prices ever), many cheaper (and many big)
suppliers sell beans which are harvested prematurely, and often with a
lot of dirt in them. Fair-Trade coffee beans are made to a set (high)
quality, often also organic growing quality (you can find both
designations), and simply the program affords the growers to make good
beans.

Good light!
           fra