An F 50/1.4 just finished on auction on eBay about a week ago -- $182, I think. I'll post a link in a minute if I find it. It was the first I saw on eBay in months and months and months, perhaps a year. One that I saw previously had been included in an SFXish package, and the price seemed to reflect the fact that bidders knew the 1.4 was more desireable than the 1.7.

I bought an F 50/1.4 at KEH in EX condition for $144 this past fall -- also, one of the first I had seen there in many months.

It is extremely rare that they show up just about anywhere.

I don't know why the scores should be different at all, though, between the F and FA versions. The optical formula seems to be exactly the same. Did they add the ghostless SMC coatings to the FA? If they did, you'd think the FA would stand a chance to score slightly higher.

Joe