Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I think all scanners are Mac compatible. The Nikons are probably among the
best. If you're just doing 35mm, the best Nikons are almost affordable.
However, I could never bring myself to justify the expense of a top line film
scanner. I used an Epson 3200 when I was still shooting a lot of film. But it
was mainly for medium format. However, the 35mm results were quite decent. To
me, the quandry was this: A good film scanner costs more or as much as a good
digital camera. That's part of what caused me to make the switch.
Paul

I'm a bit puzzled by your logic:
the (top line) scanner produces at least as high definition images as the DSLR;
it has the advantage of all the different types of film you can use;
it will (probably) last longer than a digital camera.

I don't see where the quandry about cost appears. There would seem to many other parameters that would weigh in favour of purchasing a digital camera over a scanner, not the least of which is difference in pleasure created by using each of them. I agree with Marnie - after the first dozen or so, scanning is the most mind-numbing activity.

mike