I have a Springer Spaniel and a mixed breed terrier mutt. I love them both, but
the terrier mutt is by far the smartest and most adaptable. The Springer
Spaniel is hugely loyal and a great watchdog, but I have to watch him
csarefully with strangers.

If I were to buy a puregred dog, I would probably opt for a golden retriever or
a yellow lab. They seem to be the easiest to train and the most docile. But I'm
not expert. Let's see what Wheatfiled has to say.
Paul