----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Studdert"
Subject: Re: PP: Digital Grain

If anyone has only ever seen "cartoon" like rendering from a digital camera
then they've never seen a well post processed digital image.

I've certainly seen my share of them, but remember what I do for a living, and where I work.
So far, I haven't been able to get my istD images to match the quality of the best colour printing I have done from film.
Note: the best colour printing I have done was from 4x5 sheets, so I admit that my results are skewed in favour of film, but my 120 roll film work looks better than my digital work so far as well.
I am not heavily post processing my digital stuff, but I have a pretty good handle on what I am doing with it.

William Robb