Just found this patent issued (to Pentax Corp) about a month ago (filed early 2002) - called "Interchangeable lens with angular velocity sensors".

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=GB2403021&F=0

Gee that stuff's hard to read... but it seems to deal mainly with body-lens communication and control. So do the IS/VR of canon/nikon have the sensors in the lenses or the body? Anything interesting in that patent? (other than the fact that pentax is working on lens-based image stabilisation ("imageshake compensation")?)

BTW - I've been away for the best part of a couple of months - have I missed any news/rumours?

Cheers,
David

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.3 - Release Date: 24/01/2005