at f8, my DA 14 is uniformly sharp across the field, but noticeably less so than the DA 16-45 at f8. the DA 16-45 and FA* 80-200/2.8 are about equal to my eyes, and i expect that the FA* 28-70/2.8 to be about the same.

Herb...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: DA14mm f/2.8 quality (was: Pentax 50mm News)

Less sharp ... in the center, at the edges, at what f/stops,
etc, at what settings on the DA16-45? How are you comparing
them?

I find the DA14 satisfactorily sharp across the field wide open,
but the corners are not as sharp as the center until f/4-5.6.
Contrast is good throughout the range. Distortion seems to be
very low.