>> Has anyone used the K or A 15/3.5 as an ultra-wide lens on the *ist D or
>> DS? Maybe it's a too 'nose-heavy lens-camera combination' (?)

> I really don't care how heavy it is but it's got the right mount and it
> performs very well [...]

Gee, as the user of a number of larger-aperture and longer telephoto
lenses, I've ~NEVER~ felt that I was handling any "too 'nose-heavy
lens-camera combination'" - <g>.

It is true that some combinations are a little harder to hold than others
(and this depends on the body as well as the lens, and the presence or
absence of a grip does make a difference, too), and that some rigs are not
conducive to lugging around very far by hand, but when you need the fatter
and/or longer glass, it's nice to have the possible "awkwardness" involved.

Fred