To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: Scanner Comparison

To me, it looks like filmscanner has an edge wrt. tonality and
lattitude. Sharpness-wise,
they look pretty close.

BTW, I have been trying to get Nikon 9000 for almost six months now.
It seems to be
permanently on back-order (at Amazon, BH and Adorama). At this point I
have decided that
my lifespan is not infinite and cancelled the open order. Will go with
Epson 4870 instead
(although there're rumors of 4990 coming "some time real soon").

Best,
Mishka