Saturday, January 29, 2005, 12:55:54 AM, Herb wrote:
HC> it looks like a problem that happens on some high resolution scanners. if it
HC> is this problem, it's caused by slight bubbles in the emulsion during
HC> manufacturing of the film. the only way to be sure is to look at that
HC> portion of the film under a microscope. a 20X loupe isn't powerful enough.
HC> you need at least 40X and preferably 80X or so.

Thanks. I will try that as soon as I find the microscope :-) So far,
dust&speckles removes is nicely, as it is really around one pixel
sized, but I have to mask some areas if there is enough similar pixel
sized detail there. It's not so bad. What's worse is the horrible
grain or noise I get scanning iso 800 films and adjusting the colour
temperature to correct for tungsten light. Blue speckled noise all
over. And sharp :-( It almost seems as the nikon is sharpening the
blue channel?!?

Good light!
           fra