> A Luminous Landscape review from 2003
maintains the following:

> "Regrettably Pentax has missed the mark with the *ist D ... they can't
> ignore ... two serious flaws ‹ a highly problematic card compartment
an> d
> the lack of a histogram and highlight alert in post-exposure review mode

I have turned the "blinking highlites" feature off on my D2H. I had one
distater with it.
I took the
blink way to serious,did a - ev correction and every shot was underesposed
serverly.Only a
few were
saved.(jpg not raw) I think the reason was they 'look' much worse than they
really are in
the lcd
screen.
I now look at the histogram only. As long as the high end is at or near the
line, it will
give me a
pretty good shot.However the D2h is very sensative to under/over exposure so it
may not be
the
camera to test against.
This is why i'm thinking of selling and going 1D MK II. I here exposures are a
lot better
and
consistant.

Now to get back to the Pentax D. I can see in the lcd screen even without the
histo popped
up if the
exposure looks good. Its a very nice screen. Its only a button push as your
aware of to
get the
histo up.On the D2h its a button push to,so its even there.:-)
Also the battery indicator thing seems less of a problem lately,so that a +

Dave