At 05:23 2005.01.30 -0500, you wrote:
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:49:24 -0500
From: "Peter J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Death of a MX

Well, today I got very bad news, one of my black MXen has been declared
un-repairable.  After it's second trip
to the repairman for related problems the shutter can no longer be
adjusted.  I bought it used about 4 years ago and
it spent a fare amount of it's life with me being kicked around on
various trips and I guess it was just too much for it
to take.  I've heard that the meters were the weak link so the shutter
going was somewhat unexpected but I guess all
things must end.

The pick up one with a bad meter and have the shutter box swapped out. Doing that operation might be practical.

Collin
"You impress at a distance, but you impact a life up close. The closer the relationship the greater the impact."
Howard Hendricks