You would be surprized, but in Romania Pentax have the best support,
period. (that means a store which actually have cameras and lenses and
a service centre). They have the *istD on stock, and the *istDS is
expected to arrive shortly.
In fact, when I was looking for a SLR I gived up Canon/Nikon/Minolta
when I couldn't find their "official" stores.
However, independent stores mostly have Canon and Nikon.

Alex Sarbu