I did a slide show for family at Christmas time via the Sandisk viewer. Not "straight from the camera"; rather, I assembled a set of images on my computer, downloaded to a CF card and went from there.

Some observations:

1. The viewer has a slow processor. Smaller images process faster. Next time I will downsize the images I use in such a show.
2. My computer stored the files in Name order on the CF card. I could have forced a Date order but that would have been a mishmash because the "date" on the files is when they are created on the card, the original creation date isn't inherited. In either case, you have a linear show, no easy capability to sort like images together.
3. I tried to solve the linearity problem by creating a series of folders. I hoped that the viewer would progress folder-by-folder (with linearity within folders). Instead it pulled the top image from each folder in succession, then the second image from each folder, etc.

Conclusion: if you want to use the Sandisk as an alternative for a slide projector, and you are used to sorting your slides into a story line which is not the same as the order of image capture and you want to control the duration of viewing for an individual image from very brief to longer times, then:
- reduce the file sizes
- rename all of the images using a sequence number reflecting the desired ordering of images.

Note that I have not commented on image quality. Those interested in quality projection are encouraged to explore something called "film". Certain films are suited for projection via a process that involves shining a light through the film onto a piece of stretched material called a "screen." Check the oldies-but-goodies section of your local store.

Stan