I did notice I seem to be one of the few (only?) with both.  In truth, I
made a real snap decision to buy it when I saw it was available at
Adorama, so there was a several month delay between purchase and
delivery.  I use it as a backup, since from my point of view there is
little point to using film as a backup to digital since you end up with
t he travel disadvantages of both.  I think the different memory card
issue is not a problem since I have a couple of MB worth of storage for
both, I have an images storage unit (Wolverine),  and I don't shoot RAW.
  Also, I am a big fan of small cameras so the Ds fits my style just
fine.  I find the Ds interface very workable, although he annoying
"buried" feature for me is changing the metering mode.  It would also be
nice if the grip fit on the Ds, but the cheaper price is nice.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1/30/2005 9:09:27 AM >>>
Oooh, a inquisition candidate!
So Steve, which one do YOU like better? ;-)

Don