frank theriault wrote:

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:42:06 -0800, Shel Belinkoff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This doesn't appear to have made it to the list.  Sent it last night and
this morning.  One more try ....

A while back I discovered a frame on a roll of Tri-X that I could not
account for. There was no recollection of having made the photo, and the
scene for this one was impossible to find in Berkeley, or anywhere in the
San Francisco area. It looks like a double exposure, but the Leica is
almost impossible to use to make a double exposure, and I'm sure I'd have
remembered doing so. Anyway, here's the oddity:

http://home.earthlink.net/~pdml-pics/odd1.html

And here's the fear:

http://home.earthlink.net/~pdml-pics/fear.html

Comments welcome ...

I like the one you find inexplicable!
The juxtaposition of the subjects and the background is almost too perfect to have been accidental.
Hard to tell if it's a winter shot, the hiker in mukluks, or not.
Nevertheless, very enigmatic!

Do you know the woman? From what you said, I'd say you don't...  Hmmm.

Both pretty cool shots.

I agree...

The second one moves me the most. Is the 1/2 face an image of Lenin? It almost looks like him (or maybe Jack Nicholson with a goatee?
<LOL>).

I'm sure I'm way off base with this, but the lady reminds me of an
Eastern European peasant or villager.  She looks quite frightened
(hence the title, eh?), but a reflection makes it look like she's
pointing to Lenin - or maybe even holding a pistol.

I think "Lenin" might look more like a Jack Nicholson movie poster bit! <g>

keith

I find it quite thought-provoking!  A terrific photo.

cheers,
frank